



Well, I feel like a broken record but I have to say it again.........This motherhood thing is really tough. I can see how women can lose their identity. In the span of one month I have gone from being Sarah to becoming "Ethan's mom".
Being a mom is a very unglamorous job full of spit up and bags under the eyes due to sleep deprivation. All of those movie stars that have kids have it easy. I'm sure that motherhood would be awesome if you had a nanny, housekeeper, chauffer, chef, etc.......
Oh well, I figure it only lasts a couple of years, right?
1 comment:
Sarah,
It's cousin Julie, in Tennessee! I am still trying to figure the motherhood thing out. As a matter of fact I'm at another difficult time. I guess it goes in waves. Sometimes it's great, smooth sailing, and you realize that you're actually sleeping ALMOST 7 hours a night....then, you hit another wave. For me, with Daniel, it's independence and (yikes) girls. I am convinced that motherhood, in all it's glory, never ends. I bet if you were to ask my mother, she'd say she still doesn't get any sleep...but it's now because of her children's ways of raising their children. It's a vicious thing you've started but it's so full of wonder and amazement that I think the good outweighs the bad 10-fold. I spent years identifying myself as Daniel's mom....and only recently I'm starting to be me again...as he becomes himself. Give yourself a break. This is a tough job. And I hope you enjoy every minute of it. (As I have.)
Love, Julie
Post a Comment