



I never, ever, ever make cookies. There are two reasons for this. First of all I love them so I always eat 75% of them. Second of all they are really bad for you. Those of you that know me know that I have been on a diet for most of my adult life. I don't need any extra temptation.
Ethan LOVES cookies. He was really good on Wednesday so we decided to go and get the stuff to make them. I would just buy them but the cookie companies put so much crap in theirs. I would rather just make them myself atleast I know what is in them. I don't need Yellow Dye #4 in my Chips Ahoy and neither does Ethan.
Just a side note. I don't think that anyone knows what causes Autism. It's probably a combination of genetics, possibly immunizations (maybe) and environment......but I read an article in Parents magazine that said that researchers are looking at food dyes. It has made me pay attention to the preservatives and artificial colors in our food. They are in everything!!!! We had to switch yogurt and crackers. Just an FYI. Like I said, I don't think they know everything but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
One more thing, I realized afterwards that I shouldn't have given him the beater, raw eggs and all, but we are healthy three days later so I guess we're ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment