I have been reading some blogs and glancing at books when I have the chance and I have a little list of names. I have been really hesitant to tell people the names that I like because everyone has an opinion about them (ahem, Luke). Because lets face it, once the kid is already named you can't tell me that you hate the name, you just have to smile and say "Ah, that's so cute."
So here are some names, feel free to comment if you want BUT if you hate the name I don't want to hear about it, because quite honestly, it will probably make me want to name the baby that even more.
Alright, here they are.
Elizabeth: I love Elizabeth Taylor and all her fabulous jewelry and there are lots of different nicknames like Elle or Ellie or Betsy
Kate: Like Kate Middleton and Kathryn Hepburn. What a classy name and who doesn't want to be named after the future queen?
Rachel: I have always liked that name.
Carolyn: If the name is good enough for Jackie Kennedy, my style icon, it's good enough for me. Plus we could call her Carrie. Then her and Samantha could find two more friends named Miranda and Charlotte and I could live my life through them. :)
Charlotte: I really like this name but her nickname would be Char and I had a seriously white trash friend named Char while I was growing up and it just doesn't work for me. Maybe if I could think of another nickname I would consider this option. It's also a family name on my mom's side.
Allison: I would call her Ally. It reminds me of the girl in The Notebook, which is the most awesome movie in the world
Isla (pronounced Eye-la) I love this name. There is a really pretty actress named Isla Fisher that played Becky Bloomwood in the Shopaholic movie, which is based off of my favorite series of books. If you haven't read them you need to. They are so cute.
Lauren: The prettiest girl in my high school was named Lauren. Doesn't it sound like a stuck up rich girl? I love names that sound like you have money.
My husband has already used his Veto right on my favorite name in the whole entire world. I always said if I had a girl I would name her Bridget. I have read the two Bridget Jones books a hundred times, seriously. I think they are hilarious and one of my copies is even highlighted so that I can skip to all my favorite parts. I love it. Aaron hates it though. I love it.
Feel free to leave name suggestions for me in the comments. A word to the wise, if it doesn't sound like a name that would be on an application to Harvard I won't like it. I want her to be the CEO of a major corporation and no one in life is going to take you seriously if your name is Stormy.
4 comments:
Isla! I love that name! That is my vote!
fookbGrace and then I can call her Gracie. You can then use the middle name Elizabeth and you can call her Ellie.
That makes us both happy.
Grandma Reynolds always went by "Lottie". I'm not very fond of that nickname but love the name Charlotte. I'm not sure you'd find many applicants to Harvard named Charlotte though! Doesn't sound like a very "take charge" name!
Nevaeh it's heaven spelled backwards and its a real name!
Post a Comment