Thursday, February 26, 2009

Swimming


Ethan and I had our first swimming lesson today and it was AWESOME!! There were only 3 other children in the class and Ethan was the youngest by almost a year.
I thought he had crazy legs outside of the water but you should see his legs and arms move when he is in water. It is incredible. At first I could hardly keep a hold of him.
Today we practiced mostly floating. Ethan doesn't like being on his back so this was a challenge. Hopefully in a couple of weeks he will be better at it.
He also swallowed a lot of water because he kept trying to put his head under the water. He was doing it on purpose because when he would come back up he would start smiling and talking.
Aaron and I are considering joining Dimple Dell Rec Center because it is beautiful. The pool is huge and there is a waterslide and a kids fort inside. They also have tennis courts and an awesome gym. It is about 550 dollars a year, so we will see how much Ethan likes swimming.
Connie might come and watch us on Thurs. If she does I will have her take pictures and I will post them.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Wow! I want to sign Macie up for swimming lessons! Is it a special baby class?