Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sigh, our last day





















Our last day we had to drive to Long Beach to catch our flight. That airport is a dump. It's basically a trailer. It reminds me of Mexico airports. It was a good thing that it was small because we went to the beach before our flight and stayed too long. If we would have been in LAX we wouldn't have made it.

Long Beach is pretty. I feel like it's a town full of people who like to surf but have to actually work. In some of those rich So Cal coast towns it doesn't seem like any of the twenty/thirty year olds work. I think they come from money. (hint, hint, mom, I would have preferred that)

While we were at the pier two of the fishermans caught sharks. I'm talking six feet sharks. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

It's sad for me to journal about this last day because we had such a great time. I am huge believer in vacations. I think they are an awesome way for you to connect as a family and relax.

One of the showers in my house is in shambles, my kitchen countertops are a nightmare, my washing machine has a mind of it's own, my stove is 30 years old. It's probably irresponsible to spend my money on a two week vacation, but it was worth every cent. I would do it again in a heart beat. You are only thirty once and I have all my fifties to fix my house. We had a blast and are looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

William said...

see you tonight guys!